|Died||Near Redgrass Field|
|Personal arms||A fireball blazing red and yellow across a night black field|
The Sworn Sword (Mentioned)|
The Mystery Knight (Mentioned)
Quentyn had a fiery temper, hence the moniker Fireball.
In King's Landing he was the master-at-arms at the Red Keep during King Aegon IV Targaryen's days. At some point Aegon promised Quentyn a place in the Kingsguard once an opening were to become apparent. In order to facilitate this Quentyn made his wife join the Silent Sisters. Aegon died before an opening in the Sworn Brotherhood became vacant.
When a place in the Kingsguard later became available under Daeron II, the successor to Aegon, Quentyn reminded him of his father's promise. However Fireball was refused the white cloak for reasons unknown and it was given to Ser Willem Wylde instead. This betrayal is what caused Quentyn choose Daemon Blackfyre's side during Daemon's rebellion. It was rumoured that he had as much a part as Bittersteel did in convincing Daemon to claim the throne.
It was Fireball that rescued Daemon when King Daeron sent the Kingsguard to arrest him. During the Blackfyre Rebellion he killed Lord Lefford at Lannisport and sent Lord Damon Lannister back to Casterly Rock when he came out to confront him. At the crossing of the Mander he slew all the sons of Lady Penrose save for the youngest, who he spared as a kindness to her. He was slain by a common archer on the eve of the Battle of the Redgrass Field when he stopped for a drink of water.
- The Mystery Knight, Warriors 1, ISBN 978-0-7653-6026-7, page 279 of 251-394.
- The Mystery Knight, Warriors 1, ISBN 978-0-7653-6026-7, pages 279-280 of 251-394.
- The Sworn Sword, Legends II, ISBN 0-345-45644-0, page 129 of 73-152.
- The Mystery Knight, Warriors 1, ISBN 978-0-7653-6026-7, page 284 of 251-394.
- The Citadel. Private Meeting Santa Fe, NM (May 4, 2004), So Spake Martin